Five Reasons Why Diablo 3 RMAH Won't Eliminate Gold Spammers
For those of you who thinks that the Diablo 3 real-money auction house (RMAH) will be the end of gold spammers and third-party in-game item sales, you are in for a big surprise. Gold spammer are still going to be around even when the Diablo 3 real currency auction house is released in June. The following are five reasons why.
1. Diablo 3 auction houses only allows a merchant to list ten items at a time. Professional gold spammers are in business to make as much money as quickly as possible. Being only able to sell 10 items every 48 hours won't be sufficient to sustain their operation. Even if they can sell an item every 15 minutes, they are incurring heavy overhead and under cutting profit margin.
2. Blizzard takes a cut; 30% after all the fees. Why would professional gold spammers pay Blizzard this cut when they haven't had to do so in other games? They might as we set up their Diablo 3 business structure like any other games and side-step the RMAH.
3. RMAH only works in the game client. Although Blizzard mentioned that a web-bases and Android-based interfaces are possible in the future, they won't be available in June. Professional gold spammers will probably prefer the already established web standards for their business. Customers can conduct trades at any time and anywhere through a web browser; they won't have to be on their gaming computer. Thus, providing the gold spammer a competitive edge.
4. RMAH trades are anonymous. Buyer won't know the seller and seller won't know the buyer. There is no branding in RMAH. The gold spammers are counting on return customers. And they are depending on people to know where to find them for repeated sales.
5. There is a separate RMAH for each country/region. That means using the RMAH, seller can only sell to buyers in its own region. What if the profit margin is higher in another region? It's likely Chinese gold spammers will want to target American customers. Gold spammers can do that today with their own infrastructure. But they can't with the Blizzard RMAH.
Spam Control | * indicates required field
No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.
24 Users Online
Copyright © 2004 - 2013. All Rights Reserved.