MSi Wind First Impression
I got the tiny MSi Wind Netbook last night. It's a pretty awesome computer; something I can really carry with me on the go. Here is my first impression of the MSi Wind U100-279US Netbook.
- The AC power block is extremely small, yet still supplies 20 volts at 2 amps. All notebook power supplies should be this small.
- There are three USB ports. Yay!
- Build-in web cam and microphone input. Perfect for me to bond with my wife and babies on my next business trip.
- It can run Mac OS X.
- Built-in Bluetooth.
- The power consumption is low enough for me to run as a server (search for my Kill-a-Watt notebook measurements on this site).
- It can be the only computer some folks own. Based on my impression, netbooks are definitely powerful enough to be some people's only computer.
- White . . . I'm not too crazy about white.
- Adding and replacing the RAM, hard drive, and wireless network card requires removing the entire back panel, therefore voiding the warranty; because you need to break the warranty sticker to pull off the back panel.
- The position of the Fn and Ctrl keys should be swapped.
- Bundled Windows XP Home rather than Windows XP Professional.
- Screen feels lower and smaller due to the way the LCD hinge is designed. It feels lower than the keyboard.
- The extended battery is difficult to insert and remove.
- Non-standard 1024x600 resolution.
- There is a huge vent on the left side for the processor. Maybe MSi should move the vent and put in an expansion slot there.
- It comes with carrying case just big enough to fit the Wind. But the extended 6 cell battery made the netbook a little tight for the carrying case. But with a notebook this small, it's probably more convenient to carry without the case. I decided to do without it.
- "MSi Wind Notebook" everywhere on the device, but the carrying case says "MSi Wind Netbook". I agree, the netbooks are powerful enough to be notebooks. The netbook term is just marketing buzz. But maybe MSi should stick to one or the other.
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
Title: Turbo Battery Mode on MSi Wind U100-279US
Title: MSi Wind U100 Second Impression
Spam Control | * indicates required field
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.
51 Users Online
Copyright © 2004 - 2019. All Rights Reserved.